For easy reliable server setup and hosting, we recommend using BisectHosting to run Enigmatica servers. Use the code "enigmatica" to get 25% off your first month as a new client for any of their gaming servers. We recommend that you use at least 4GB to run our modpacks with 5-7 players.
The guide below is for self-hosting a server. You will need to be familiar with how to setup a vanilla Minecraft server before following this guide. If you are using another hosting provider, please see their documentation too, and contact their support first if you have any issues.
You should ensure that you are familiar with how to setup a regular (vanilla) Minecraft server. This article on the Minecraft Wiki is a good way to learn the basics of setting up a Minecraft server. There are also many guides available on YouTube.
A key difference between vanilla Minecraft and modded Minecraft is that you will need far more memory to host a server with Enigmatica than you normally do with a vanilla server. Please make sure your server has ample specs before continuing (usually 4-8GB), and please do not try to host a Enigmatica server on the same system that you intend to play the pack on.
- 1.Make sure you have the correct version of Java for the modpack you wish to install.See Installing Java
- 3.Unzip the downloaded server files into an empty folder.Make sure you do not have this in OneDrive or another synced folder, as those can lock up the installer.
- 4.Run the
start-serverscript and wait for the installation to complete.
- 5.You should now see a prompt to accept the EULA. Accept by typing
- 6.When the server has started fully, close the window and run the
start-serverscript again.This works around a known issue where you cannot type in the console the first time you start the server.
start-server.shon Mac & Linux
- 1.Stop the server.
- 2.Delete the
- 3.Copy the
worldfolder from your old installation to the new.
- 4.Start the server.
- 2.Stop the server.
- 3.Delete the Forge jar and the following folders from the server:
- 4.Upload the Forge jar and the list of folders from the new server folder to your server.
- 5.Start the server.
If your old server contains the file
server-setup-config.yaml, you should also delete the following files from the server:
And upload those same files from the new server folder.
These steps are only needed for server hosts that use the serverstarter script.
Remember to re-apply any changes you have made.
server.propertiesfiles for our modpacks.
Enigmatica 2: Light
Enigmatica 2: Expert
Enigmatica 2: Expert Skyblock